2 NIGHTS/3 DAYS ASARO MUDMEN
Asaro Mudmen – Moko Moko Dance – Widow ceremony
Expedition Day 1:
Morning transfer to Asaro, Arrive around noon and check in Asaro Eco Lodge. Walk around the small village and visit an old traditional house for seeing the widow ceremony. After this head back to the Asaro Eco Lodge for your free evening. Dinner and overnight.
Expedition Day 2:
Morning walk to Mount Gurupoka (not difficult walk about 25 minutes) and enjoy the ceremony and ghost walk of the Asaro Mudmen, in company of the Asaro Mudmen you will visit the old sacrifice cave and the cross on top of the holy mountain of Gurupoka. Back to basecamp for lunch and in the afternoon you will see the traditional making of the Asaro Masks. After this the Moko Moko Tribal dances of Victory will be performed for you, a very spectacular show that Mudmen used to dance after victory of their tribal fights.
Dinner and overnight at Asaro Mudmen Eco Lodge
Expedition Day 3:
After breakfast you will have a small walk down in the valley to see the Asaro River together with some of the local villagers. On the way a show of cannibalism is performed. Back to the Lodge and prepare for your transfer to Goroka. Arrive in Goroka around noon.
Price: 470 USD PP in shared double room
Single room is double this price.
– All room nights in shared double room
– Transportation from Goroka to Asaro and Asaro to Goroka by local PMV and guide
– Breakfast lunch and dinner (all meals)
– Performances for all cultural groups and tribes
– Guided walks to caves and mountains
– Taxes and fees
– Basic Laundry
– International and domestic flights to: Goroka Airport and Mount Hagen (starting Point)
– Insurance (recommended)
– Personal expenses (drinks and alcohol with your food, souvenirs, phone bill, etc.)
EXTRA: PRIVATE GUIDE SERVICE DURING THE WHOLE TRIP: 300 USD
Accommodation is basic but clean, and at some places can be with shared toilet or showers. We stay with the tribes at local homestay guesthouses. Electricity is available during most of the whole trip, also you will have internet access. (For Phone access you need to pay extra SIM card at the airport)
Due to unforeseen events the organizers can change the program during the execution of the trip. We will do our best to follow the program and include all events mentioned. We make plans to cover most problems should they arise, which is very seldom, but the visitor must be aware of the small possibility of plans not working out as per schedule and accept this warning.
FOR BOOKING SEND AN EMAIL TO email@example.com
We ask for a deposit of 50% to be paid. As soon as we have the deposit your booking reservation is confirmed. The deposit is non-refundable but valid for next year’s trip to join.
We ask for the final balance of payment 2 months before the expedition commences.
Cancellation within 3 weeks of the commencement of the expedition incurs a penalty of 100% of monies paid to date. Payments can be done by international bank transfers in EU, USA or Thailand (Asia).
– Please bring warm clothing for the evenings.
– There is no mosquito problem in the highlands
– Extra money can be changed at the airport upon arrival
– Sim card possible to buy at POM airport the company to choose is DIGICELL
– You need a passport valid for 6 months + VISA application and approved VISA
– At the airports you need a printed version of all your vaccinations (this might change in 2023)